Just like every year, I’m making my list of favorite albums of the year. Without much further ado, here is my selection:
10. Angele – Nonante-cinqEarworm of the year
9. Thy Catafalque – VadakMore black metal and less folk this year – but still original work
8. Blackmore’s night – Nature’s LightIt’s been a long time since we got some work from Blackmore – and the wait was not in vain.
7. Jess and the Ancient Ones – VertigoEverything Jess makes is pure gold.
6. Therion – LeviathanA return to the roots and to their quick wins for Therion.
5. Noeta – ElmAnxiety and depression set to music.
4. Epica – OmegaI have old love for this band, what else can I say.
3. Soen – ImperialMy fix of prog for this year.
2. Impure Wilhelmina – AntidoteDiscovery of the year for me.
- Anneke van Giersbergen – The Darkest Skies are the Brightest