At the end of every semester, I check how I spent my time. In summer 2022, I took time off – to travel to the Netherlands and prepare for my time there, and to take actual holidays.
I spent most of my time on:
- Papers: 12% of my time, mostly commenting on papers of my students
- Conferences: 10.5% – I went to IABMAS in Barcelona
- Service: 10% – the regular things
- Teaching: 10% – Preparing material for the course I’ll be teaching in the MEng program in the Fall
- PhD project 1: 9% – we had a major deadline so I spent some time on the report as well as in meetings with stakeholders