My Spring 2023 goals
At the beginning of every semester, I first make my task list for the upcoming semester. In this task list, I review my upcoming deadlines and responsibilities in terms of research projects, graduate students, papers to write, service responsibilities, teaching, and conferences and travel commitments.
Then, I outline a handful of priorities/goals in the categories work, self, and relationships.
For Spring 2023, my priorities are:
- Submit 4 papers.
- Work with my PhD candidate on thesis
- Guide PhD candidate with experiments
- Prepare new teaching material for MSc course.
- Teach Bridge Engineering at BSc level (new course!)
- Start new EU research project
- Hire a post-doc
- Speak at 3 places or online
- Get better sleep.
- Contemplative practices.
- Write for fun.
- 4 workouts per week.
- Organize our new house.
- Plan 2 weekends away from the city.
Share with your peers!