As last year, I used the method that I developed for planning, which I teach in a course on reflecting on the past year and planning for the next year.
Here are my main goals for 2023:
- Writing: Submit 6 journal papers (I outlined the topics for these)
- Research: spend 5 weeks in Delft, report experiments, deliver phase 1 of fire project, start EU project.
- Teaching: teach new MSc courses (2), teach new BSc course, supervise 3 BSc students, graduate 6 MSc students, graduate 4 PhD students
- Service: get the journal ACI Avances into Scielo, work on committee documents, role as IABSE SEI vice-president, tasks with IABMAS, attend 3 conferences in person (limit myself to 2 trips per semester maximum)
- Admin: maintain inbox zero
- Blog: increase podcast downloads, get speaking engagements, get more newsletter subscribers, have a positive balance and donate to PhD candidates in need.
- Average 8 hours of sleep per night
- Read 52 books
- Daily meditation or other form of contemplation
- Work out at least 4 times per week
- Play music with others
- Organize our new house
- Take online courses
- Go hiking once a month
- Spend 4 weekends outside the city
- Have a summer holiday as a family
- Host at our new house