“We are very proud to announce the second edition of TEDxDelft: 5 October 2012 we will open the doors of the Aula Congress Centre again to celebrate TEDx with you once more.
This year TEDxDelft theme is ‘never grow up‘. Never stop asking questions, never stop wondering, always think of other ways to face challenges, always question why things are the way they are, keep wondering, keep on learning, always stay young, never stop dreaming, never stop doing, creativity by playing, work=play, gamification, living the dream, what do you mean, this cannot be done?
We were inspired by the story of Peter Pan, some quotes:
- All children, except one, grow up. Every time a child says, ‘I don’t believe in fairies,’ there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
- All you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!
- I’ll teach you to ride on the wind’s back, and away we go!
- So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.
- I ran away the day I was born. It was because I heard father and mother talking about what I was to be when I became a man.
- If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I’ll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!
- All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again
- Forget them. Forget them all. Come with me where you’ll never never have to worry about grown up things again”
Tickets are sold out, but you can still join the waiting list.
For those of you that live far away from Delft, there will be live stream for the event, accessible through the TEDxDelft website.
Also, keep an eye on the website – there are frequent updates about the performer, and a group of enthusiastic bloggers (including yours truly) will be writing and updating the site during the event as well.