Before the start of every semester, I make a list of my ongoing tasks, my priorities, and plan my weekly template. Based on these, I can develop my goals for the semester.
Fall 2021 means a return to campus for my university here in Ecuador. I’ll need some time to get my bearings again around working from the office, I assume. I will still be teaching my course online, as my group is too large to accommodate all students safely. We’re also NOT yet done with this COVID-19 pandemic, so uncertainty is a large factor still.
With that said, I’d like to work on the following in the upcoming semester:
- Submit 4 papers
- Finish first series of experiments of my PhD candidate and work with her on the reports related to these experiments.
- Assist my other PhD candidate in passing his go/no go evaluation.
- Help my new PhD candidate getting started, and my other PhD candidate to finish his thesis.
- Continue my research related to the doctoral defense.
- Apply for EU funding.
- Spend time on creative work.
- Get more sleep.
- Have good and early mornings.
- Make a large puzzle.
- Start the construction of our house.
- Spend time with my husband.
- Have 4 trips outside of the city.