At the beginning of the Summer 2021 semester, I set the following goals:
- Present at the University of Costa Rica about load testing (virtually).
- Submit 3 papers.
- Prepare one of my PhD students for his go/no go.
- Go to see the lab.
- Work on my research relating to the doctoral defense.
- Apply for UK funding.
- Write for fun.
- Get more sleep.
- Spend time with family
Here’s how I did:
- Present at the University of Costa Rica about load testing (virtually): Yes, and it was a fun experience. There’s a little news segment about it.
- Submit 3 papers. Submitted 5, and there are 2 more that will be submitted by the end of the month. One is about the doctoral defense, and you can read its preprint here.
- Prepare one of my PhD students for his go/no go. Yes, in terms of discussing the research questions and scheduling the event. The report is not ready yet.
- Go to see the lab. Should be able to be there next week!
- Work on my research relating to the doctoral defense. Yes, and there are still aspects that I am exploring further for subsequent articles.
- Apply for UK funding. We submitted the proposal.
- Write for fun. Writing for fun on Mondays, and either Wednesdays or Thursdays. I’ve been writing poetry and am writing a novel.
- Get more sleep. According to my fitbit, I’ve been averaging 7h34min per night over the past 3 months. I’d like this to be just a bit more.
- Spend time with family. Thanks to AstraZeneca, I’ve been able to see more family and will travel to see my family in Belgium.